What is personal data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. This includes information such as your real name, address, telephone number and date of birth. Information which cannot be linked to your real identity - such as favorite websites or number of users of a site - is not considered personal data.
What personal data BenQ collects from you
BenQ collects and stores the following types of personal data:
1. Data provided by you - BenQ may ask you to provide your e-mail address, name, mailing address, telephone number, identity document information (such as national identity registration card number), payment information, IP address, location information, personal description and photo in Your Profile, content of reviews and communication with us which is associated with individually identifiable information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of BenQ Services.
2. Automatic information - BenQ web server automatically recognizes, collects and/or stores information such as IP address/domain name combination, device information, your use and interaction of BenQ, and any referring sites, when your web browser or device accesses BenQ Services and other content served by BenQ. Like many websites, BenQ may use several technologies to obtain this type of information. Please see Cookies and other technologies.
3. Anonymous Aggregated Information - BenQ may also collect, aggregate and maintain anonymous information about you, such as hobbies, interests, purchasing habits, music preferences, and the like. This data can then be used to tailor BenQ Services, including promotions, advertising, and communications to deliver a better experience for you.
4. Personal data BenQ receives from other sources - We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers. You may also direct or allow other third parties to share your personal data with BenQ for purposes such as log in, activation of BenQ services, or sharing information about your participation in BenQ events.
BenQ’s use of personal data
We collect personal data from you for one or more of the following purposes mentioned below.
1. Purchase and delivery of products and services - To handle and fulfill order or transaction between you or the entity that you represent and BenQ, deliver products and services, process payments.
2. Communication and customer services - To enable you to participate in BenQ events or online chats, provide warranty, or send important notices and promotional offers, reach out to you about your order or account, develop and test new services and features, answer your questions and process your requests, which means that we also use your personal data to respond to you when you contact us.
3. Advertising - To recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, invite you to join contests, lucky draw, or other BenQ events. BenQ will seek to obtain your consent at the time you register to join BenQ either by an "opt-out" or "opt-in" method, or by other means (such as an e-mail request). BenQ may engage third parties and business partners to perform tasks on BenQ’s behalf but will not share personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
4. Data safety and system integrity - To verify your identity and account activity, prevent fraud or credit risks, troubleshoot, fix errors, investigate suspicious activity or violations, and to ensure BenQ Services are being used legally, and optimize your experience with BenQ.
5. Legal compliance: To comply with applicable law — for example, to satisfy tax or reporting obligations, or to comply with a lawful governmental request.
Does BenQ share your personal data
BenQ will not share the personal data you provide with any other parties, except (a) with your consent, (b) as necessary to provide products, services or other offerings, (c) as may be required by law or court order, (d) to persons or companies with whom BenQ engages to carry out or provide support for the operations of the sites or BenQ Services, or (e) to exercise our legal rights and comply with our obligations under the laws, including law enforcement or other government agencies, in connection with a criminal investigation, fraud prevention, or other legal action or if BenQ reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to protect BenQ, its customers, or the public.
BenQ works with third-party service providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market BenQ Services, such as to provide delivery and other systems; conduct surveys and research for us; and assist with customer service. When we share information with third-party service providers in this capacity, we require them to use your personal in accordance with our instructions and terms.
Your Privacy Rights
You may exercise your rights as a data subject under applicable laws, including access, manage, delete your personal data, and make correction. To do so, please visit Your Profile and click on the appropriate tab for the information you wish to revise or update, or contact us at Support.BenQ.com.
BenQ takes appropriate measures to maintain the security of your personal data and in preventing unauthorized access to it through the use of appropriate technology and internal procedures. However, BenQ does not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
Cookies and other technologies
Examples of such technologies are cookies and web beacons. When you visit BenQ' websites or advertisements appearing thereon, or use one or more of the BenQ website services, or receive e-mails from BenQ we may use an industry-wide technology called "cookies" which stores certain information on your computer and which will allow us to customize your experience to better match your interests and preferences or to simply facilitate your signing in to use the services. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies, we may not be able to restore any preferences or customization settings you previously specified and our ability to personalize your online experience would be limited. Please refer to your browser instructions or "help" screen to learn more about these functions. BenQ may also itself use, or engage third parties to use, Web beacons for researching certain usage and activities on our Website. The information collected by BenQ or requested from third parties through these Web beacons is in an aggregate, non-individually identifiable form and is used to find out more about users including demographic information and usage patterns for more accurate reporting and to improve the effectiveness of our marketing. BenQ may also itself use, or engage third parties to use, pixel tags or other technology to research or track your usage activities with respect to e-mails from us.
Notice To/Regarding Children Under the Age of 13
BenQ is open only to individuals who are 13 years of age and older. Except as may be required by law, the website does not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose your personal data if you are under age of 13. BenQ believes that children using the Internet require special protection, and we urge parents or guardians to explain Internet safety to their children. Parents are urged to spend time online with their children to become familiar with the types of content available on the Internet. Control tools are available from online services and software manufacturers to help create a safer environment for children.
BenQ websites may contain URLs which direct you to a platform operated by other parties. You agree that your visit to such platform is solely based on your discretion and at your own risk. BenQ is not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by these other parties. You are advised to check on the applicable privacy policies of those websites to determine how they will handle any information they collect from you.
Notice to California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights:
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party company(ies) to whom BenQ may have disclosed, within the past year, personal data pertaining to you and your family for that company's direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal data disclosed. To obtain such information, please e-mail your request via the Contact link of BenQ website.
16 Jihu Road
Last update: 2021.02.17