How do I set the monitor's refresh rate to the highest value as the monitor spec claimed (EX: 144, 165, 240, 360Hz)?
Troubleshooting / 2022-11-11
Please check the following steps
A. Models with 144, 165Hz:
1) For the newer models only with HDMI / DP port, please use a HDMI 1.4 / 2.0 cable or DP 1.2a cable came with the monitor.
2) For the older models with DVI / DP port, please use a DVI-Dual Link cable or DP 1.2a came with the monitor.
3) Make sure to update to the latest graphics card driver version.
B. Models with 240Hz:
1) Make sure to use an HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.2a cable.
2) If an HDMI 2.0 cable is used, make sure to connect to the correct HDMI 2.0 port.
3) If a DP 1.2a cable is used, make sure to use the one bundled by BenQ.
4) Make sure to update to the latest graphics card driver version.
5) Make sure that your graphics card supports 240Hz.
C. Models with 360Hz:
1) Make sure to use an DP 1.4 cable came with the monitor.
2) Make sure to update to the latest graphics card driver version.
3) Make sure that your graphics card supports 360Hz.
If you are running Win 10, follow this: Setting > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties. Then click the “Monitor” tab, choose your preferred resolution and 144/165/240/360Hz refresh rate from the “Screen Refresh Rate” list, and click “OK.”
If you are running Win 11, follow this: Setting > System > Display > Advanced Display > Display information > Choose a refresh rate. Then choose your 144/165/240/360Hz refresh rate.
Or you can do the setting via GPU control panel;
If it is NVIDIA GPU, please open the NVIDIA control panel, and then head to “Change Resolution” tab under the “Display” option, and then choose your preferred resolution under “PC (not Ultra HD, HD, SD)”, and choose “144/165/240/360Hz” under “refresh rate” option.
If it is AMD GPU, right click on your desktop and select “AMD Radeon Settings”, and then click on the “Display” option, and then you can choose your preferred resolution and “144/165/240/360Hz” under the Display options page.